To ensure your orchid blooms throughout all four seasons, follow this advice – just one glass of a specific fertilizer can yield remarkable results.
Orchids, with over 25,000 species in nature, come in various colors and have become popular as ornamental plants in homes due to their adaptability to different climates. While once considered plants for the elite, growing orchids is now simple, requiring only a few tricks to keep them flourishing.
To ensure the continuous health and blossoming of your orchid, fundamental care is crucial. Find the right spot in your home with adequate light, avoiding direct sunlight, radiators, and windows prone to drafts. Another critical factor often overlooked is the use of fertilizer, which significantly contributes to the plant’s robust growth.
Here’s a method to make your orchid bloom consistently throughout the year with just a glass of this natural fertilizer.
How to Make Your Orchid Bloom for 4 Seasons
Fertilizer plays a crucial role in promoting the health and flowering of plants. In this case, we’ll discuss a fertilizer specifically for orchids that not only strengthens them but also encourages year-round blossoming. The best part is, you won’t need to buy anything as we’ll be using natural products.
- Prepare the Fertilizer:
- Start with the peel of an apple, known for its rich nutritional content, including Vitamin C, Vitamin A, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus.
- Place the apple peel in a jar and add a small aloe vera leaf, both the outer and inner parts.
- Pour 1 liter of boiling water into the jar, cover it with cling film, and let it ferment naturally in a cool place for approximately 12 hours.
- Filter the Mixture:
- After the fermentation period, filter the mixture and extract only the liquid.
- Stimulate Dormant Shoots:
- Use this fertilizer not only for watering but also to stimulate dormant shoots on your orchid.
- Orchids typically have dormant shoots covered in a film, which you need to peel off.
- Dip cotton pads in the solution and wrap them around the dormant buds, securing them with pliers.
- For shoots that have fallen, follow the same process.
- Repeat this process approximately once a week. If the cotton pad dries out, spray it with water. After a week, change the pads to further stimulate growth.
- Nourish Leaves:
- Place a cotton pad soaked in the solution between the leaves to provide additional nourishment.
- Regular Watering:
- Use the solution to water the orchid once a week. Repeat the operation every 7 days.
- After about 45 days of consistent care, you should witness excellent results with a blooming orchid.
Following this regimen diligently will ensure your orchid not only thrives but produces beautiful blooms throughout the entire year.