Discover the secret ingredient that expert nurserymen have been using for nourishing orchids, ensuring their lush growth and beauty.
Orchids, with their delicate and exquisite appearance, require consistent care and attention. Finding the right balance of humidity, sunlight, and water is crucial for their well-being. Now, the hidden ingredient used by professionals is revealed, allowing everyone to enhance the health and beauty of their orchids at home.
The secret ingredient for nourishing orchids and promoting luxuriant growth is rice cooking water, a simple and often overlooked resource. Here’s how to use it effectively:
- Rice cooking water (1 liter)
- Monopodic glutamate (2/3 grams)
- Spray bottle
- Prepare the Mixture:
- Take a basin and pour in the rice cooking water.
- Add the monopodic glutamate to the water.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly, ensuring proper amalgamation.
- Wet the orchid’s soil with the obtained solution using the basin.
- Transfer the liquid into a spray bottle for convenient application on leaves and stems.
Properties of Rice Water:
Rice cooking water holds valuable properties for plants, especially orchids. The mixture acts as a nutrient-rich watering solution, and applying it every two weeks ensures the plant receives essential nutrients without overdoing it. This approach is particularly beneficial when the orchid is not in a dormant state.
- Non-Salty Water: Ensure that the rice cooking water is not salty. If it was salted during rice preparation, avoid using it for watering, as it may compromise the plant’s growth and well-being.
- Cool Water: The cooking water should be completely cooled. Using hot or boiling water can harm the plant, resulting in significant damage.