Preserving strawberries for an entire year is a well-kept secret that ensures they remain delicious and fresh.
Cherished for their red juiciness, strawberries are a versatile fruit loved in salads, desserts, smoothies, and various refreshing beverages. Wellness experts have unveiled a simple method to keep them available year-round.
Method 1: Whole Strawberries in Sugar
- Prepare Strawberries: Take 1kg of fresh strawberries and wash them thoroughly.
- Use Clean Bottles: Grab clean half-liter bottles with caps for storage.
- Sweeten with Sugar: Coat the strawberries with white sugar and allow them to sit for a few minutes.
- Bottle and Freeze: Place the sugar-coated strawberries in the bottles, seal with the cap, and store in the freezer.
- Enjoy Anytime: Retrieve a bottle from the freezer whenever you crave fresh strawberries. The sugar ensures the fruit retains its quality after thawing.
Method 2: Strawberry Puree
- Prepare and Cook: Wash the strawberries, cut them into thin slices, and boil them in water until they dissolve into a homogeneous puree.
- Add Sugar: Mix in some sugar to sweeten the puree, ensuring it’s well incorporated.
- Cool and Bottle: Allow the strawberry puree to cool after approximately 60 minutes of cooking. Fill plastic bottles with the puree.
- Freeze for Future Use: Store the bottles in the freezer. This puree can be used for smoothies or as a base for traditional dessert recipes.